Starozámocká 12, 969 01 Banská Štiavnica
N – 48°27´33,50"
E – 18°53´28,40"
firstname.lastname@example.org, +421 45 6949472
Guided tour: in foreign language - extra fee 15,00 €
STANDARD TOUR WITHOUT GUIDE:
Ossuary-St. Michael's funeral chapel, Castle Well, Lapidary-stone museum, Exhibition of baroque sculptures, North Tower-exhibition of the art of Blacksmiths, Bell Tower-exhibition of historic clocks.
The permanent exhibition documents the oldies settlement in region of Banská Štiavnica. In the first room can be found the original findings from the former Municipal Museum collection, that were collected by V. Baker, the first custodian of the museum. The second room is dedicated to the findings from the known localities as the Old town - Glanzenberg the historical centre of Banská Štiavnica and Sitno hill and his surroundings.
The most remarkable finding is the treasure containing bronze jewels, parts of clothes and tools from Sitno and Holík hills from 900 BC.
Shooting targets and historical weapons – armory.
The shooting fraternity arose in Banská Štiavnica in the period of Turkish expansion around 1547. The citizens and miners were learning to shoot the wooden targets. After the end of Turkish wars the marksmanship became very popular. The exhibited targets are from the 18th and 19th century. The authors were naive painters from Banská Štiavnica, the orders were from the personages of the town, members of the shooting fraternity – mining clerks, mine owners, merchants, craftsmen but imperial visits, too.
The permanent exhibition is completed by historical weapons as target-rifles, lances, powder flasks, magazines, cannon balls, bullets and arrows.