Mountain village is located in the southern part of upper Liptov region. The first mention of the location dates back to the 11th century, so it is assumed that the area was colonized by miners from Spiš region. King Stephen V. granted to Saxons from Boca River valley the right to search for and mine ores and metals in this area. The first school on the territory of Vyšná Boca is mentioned in 1540, in 1551 Jakub Hopner discovered new gold deposits, which attracted many miners to Boca. Subsequently, the surveying of mining fields was carried out and the royal mining court was established here, which led to a dispute with local landowners claiming the right to mining. In 1558, around 60 kg of gold was mined in Boca. In the 18th century, there was a decline in mining and crafts developed. The mining of gold, iron and antimony recede into the background and developed agriculture, forest work and cattle breeding, which provided sustenance for the local population. The mining past in the village can be seen in the form of chain housing and mining houses with built-on galleries.